Mustang Mad Dash Date: 8/11/2018
Time: 2:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Location: South High School:
- Click Here to Register for this Class before August 8, 2018
- After August 8? Register at Event Entrance!
The Mustang Mad Dash is a great way to learn about DGS! Freshmen and new students are placed in small groups of approximately 10 students with up to four leaders who are sophomores, juniors and seniors. Throughout the evening, students will:
- listen to inspirational key-note speakers
- attend workshops about Student Activities, Athletics, and DGS traditions
- view student-created skits about common issues they ll face in high school
- take a general tour of the building (note: they will not have time to tour their own personal class schedules)
- ask questions and get advice from upperclassmen and make new friends
- have pizza dinner, served at approximately 5:30 pm
- participate in a dance with a DJ, open gym, and inflatable games
Students will receive their official Mustang Mad Dash T-Shirt during the event. Appropriate casual school dress is required.
Students must arrive at the West Events Entrance at 2:30 pm. They are expected to arrive on time and stay for the entire event. Entry to the event is prohibited after 4:00 pm. Parents must come into the school and sign their student out if they choose to leave early. Students must be picked up at the West Events Entrance promptly at 9:00 pm.
We are happy to accommodate for students with special needs. Please contact us before the event if your student has any special needs or circumstances. Additionally, be sure to complete the required registration & permission form.
If you have questions call Student Activities at 630 - 795-8518 or e-mail Dbenoist@csd99.org, Aklug@csd99.org, or Trojszyk@csd99.org
Parents are invited to attend a question-and-answer session from 8:30-9:00 pm in the auditorium. During this session, parents will learn what their student experienced during the Mad Dash as well as have an opportunity to ask the student-leaders any questions they have about having a successful freshman year!