Homecoming week will be September 25, 2017. The homecoming football game will be held on Friday, September 29, 2017 vs. Morton.
- Class of 1967 50th reunion - Sept. 28 to Oct. 1, 2017; For more information please contact Judie Scheck-Anderson at Suburbanite Bowl 630-968-2200.
- Class of 1987 reunion to be held on Saturday, October 14th 6:30-11:30 p.m. at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, Downers Grove, IL. For more information contact: email@example.com
- Virtual Reunion - All WDGC-FM Alumni are invited to join the dedicated Alumni Facebook page!
If you are planning a reunion and would like support in contacting classmates, scheduling a school tour or announcing the reunion on our website, please contact us to make arrangements.
District Alumni Directory
We welcome the chance to stay in touch with our graduates. If you are a South High graduate and would like to update your contact information, please send us an email. By sharing your mailing and email addresses and phone number with us, your information will be available to those in your graduating class who are organizing class reunions.
You may also subscribe to our DGS Alumni List by sharing your email address, below:
Calling All South High Alumni!
Our alumni serve as an inspiration to all of us at District 99, and we want to share your successes with current students, staff, families and community members! Please email your story, ideas and photos to us and you could be featured in an upcoming edition of our newsletter.
Please "LIKE" the school alumni Facebook page, "South High School in Downers Grove DGS Alumni."
With the 50th Anniversary celebration of South High in 2014, DGS named its Inaugural Class of "Distinguished Alumni." The second class was named in 2016. Recipients are honored at our school during homecoming; a plaque is also placed on the "Distinguished Alumni Wall of Fame" wall inside the main entrance to the school.
The purpose of the Distinguished Alumni program is to recognize Downers Grove South alumni who have made significant contributions to society and whose accomplishments, affiliations, and careers have honored the legacy of excellence at South High School. The Distinguished Alumni Award does more than honor its recipients. It also further illustrates the great value of the academic programs and student involvement at South and increases the pride all former students, current students, staff and faculty have for their High School.
Class of 2016 DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI
- Jill (Kroese) Aspegren (Class of 1983)
- Dr. Mark Hersam (Class of 1993)
- Emil Martinec (Class of 1976)
- Greg Smith (Class of 1982)
Class of 2014 DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI
- Captain Daniel L. Cheever (Class of 1882)
- Derek Lloyd Choi-Lundberg, Ph.D. (Class of 1997)
- Elaine Fuchs, Ph.D. (Class of 1968)
- Michael Mendoza, M.D. (Class of 1992)
- Captain Kent A. Paro (Class of 1982)
- Katarina J. Ruscic, M.D., Ph.D. (Class of 2002)
Please check back here soon for information about Class of 2018 nominations. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jennifer Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-795-8518. Thank you for your interest in this wonderful tradition at South High School!
District 99 Education Foundation
Another way for alumni to connect and support North High and South High students and staff with innovative curriculum and technologies that fall outside of traditional public funding is by supporting the District 99 Education Foundation. See www.d99ef.org for more information.
District 99 Alumni Newsletter
The District 99 Education Foundation is pleased to announce the publishing of your District 99 Alumni Newsletter! Both Downers Grove North and Downers Grove South High Schools will be represented. Sign up today to find old friends, be "in the know", learn about class reunions, networking opportunities, alumni events and community happenings.
If you would like to submit any information to our Newsletter Committee, please send your request to email@example.com. We will do whatever we can to ensure your information is published.
Please note, information should reflect alumni interests. This may include:
- Community events that are linked with District 99
- Alumni events
- Class reunions
- Graduation announcements
- "Alumni in the News"
- "Where are they now?"
- Alumni in the military/veterans
- Alumni awards/announcements
- Class of __________ news, noteworthy events, etc.
- Alumni groups (from meetups/Facebook/LinkedIn/etc.)
- Memorials (name, town, class graduating year)
- Fundraisers and volunteer opportunities by graduating class