North High’s “Once Upon a Time” Homecoming Week is right around the corner, Sept. 30-Oct. 5! We encourage all students to join in the celebrations and attend as many events as possible.
Monday, Sept. 30
Dress up theme: Train Like Hercules Monday: Workout Gear
Register your team online using the Web Store - click here. Registration closes Tuesday, September 17.
Meet at 6 pm in the Purple Gym
Tuesday, Oct 1
Dress up theme: Happily Ever After Homecoming Tuesday: College Gear
Ice Cream Social at Every Day’s a Sundae
Come to Every Day’s a Sundae in downtown Downers Grove between 5:30 and 8 p.m. Bring a canned-good and receive a free scoop of ice cream!
Wednesday, Oct. 2
Dress up theme: Snow White Wednesday: Wear White
Variety Show at 7 p.m. in Auditorium
Admission to the Variety Show is $5 for everyone - tickets will only be sold at the door. The Variety Show is a fundraiser for Homecoming.
Thursday, Oct. 3
Dress up theme: As Tired as Sleeping Beauty Thursday: Pajama Day
Rest up for a busy Friday and Saturday!
Friday, Oct. 4
Dress up theme: Trojan Pride Friday:
- Freshmen wear gray
- Sophomores wear white
- Juniors wear purple
- Seniors wear black
Homecoming Assembly at 2 p.m. in the Purple Gym
- All classes will attend the assembly at 2 p.m. Please review the adjusted bell schedule for this day.
Parade at 3:15 p.m.
- Students and community members are invited to watch the Homecoming Parade. Click here to view the route!
Community Facilities Tour at 4:30 p.m.
- Phase A of construction is complete! We invite community members and families to take a peek at the completed projects and look ahead at what will be completed in Phase B. The Master Facility Plan renovations will be complete in the fall of 2021.
- Meet at Main Entrance
Varsity Football Game at 7:30 p.m.
- Cheer on the Trojans as we take on Glenbard West! Sophomore game is at 5 p.m. and varsity game is at 7:30 p.m.
- Homecoming Court will be recognized before the varsity football game.
Saturday, Oct. 5
Homecoming Dance from 7-10 p.m., Purple Gym
Homecoming tickets can be purchased online until October 3 for $25 per person. When online ticket sales end on October 3, tickets will be available at the dance for $30. Buy your tickets online here!
After a student purchases a homecoming ticket online, they must pick up their ticket (sticker that is placed on the back of their student ID) at the Homecoming ticket check-in table in the student cafeteria. The Homecoming ticket check-in table will be in the student cafeteria during all lunch periods starting Monday, September 30 and ending Thursday, October 3. Students picking up their dance ticket must show a current student ID.
Any student bringing a guest must complete and submit a Guest Request Form to the Student Activities Office at least a day in advance of purchasing Homecoming dance tickets. Students bringing a guest must purchase their tickets in the Student Activities Office, and not online. This is to confirm that the Guest Request Form has been submitted and approved.
- Use this guest form if bringing a student who attends a different high school.
- Use this guest form if bringing someone who is not a current high school student. Your guest must be under the age of 21.
Attendees aren’t required to bring a date - get a group of friends together! Attire for this event is semi-formal, which means no jeans or sweatpants. Shoes are required at all times, so please bring an alternative (flip flops, sandals, or canvas shoes) to continue dancing.
Also, several North High alumni reunions are taking place this fall:
- Class of 1989 - 30th Reunion: September 14, 2019 - click here for details!
- Class of 1959 - 60th Reunion: September 27-29, 2019 - click here for details!
- Class of 1979 - 40th Reunion: October 4-5, 2019 - click here for details!
- Class of 1984 - 35th Reunion: October 5, 2019 - click here for details or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Class of 1994 - 25th Reunion: October 5, 2019 - Join the Facebook Group or contact Adam Slahor email@example.com
- Class of 2009 - 10th Reunion: October 5, 2019 - click here for details!
- Class of 1974 - 45th Reunion: October 5, 2019 - click here for details!
- Class of 1944 - 75th Reunion: October 4, 2019 - Details coming soon
For more information about North High Homecoming events, please contact Activities Director Mark Mirandola at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 630-795-8413. Updated Homecoming event information can be found this page and the DGN Facebook page.