The Commencement Ceremony for the Class of 2019 will be held in the gymnasium beginning at 7:00 p.m. Doors to the gymnasium will open at 6:00 p.m. We offer a few reminders for our graduates and their families:
- Graduates should plan to arrive to North High and meet in the fieldhouse no later than 6:15 p.m. in appropriate attire. Only the graduates and members of DGN staff will be allowed into the fieldhouse.
- All guests will need an admission ticket. Each graduate has received four (4) tickets for admission to the gym. Only very young children who will sit on an adult’s lap the entire ceremony will not need a ticket. No additional tickets are available. Limited special seating is available on the gym floor. Only one family member will be allowed to sit with someone needing special seating. All other family members will need to sit in the spectator bleachers.
- Additional friends and family members are welcome to view the ceremony in the auditorium or can watch live from home on the District 99 Youtube channel. Click here to tune in!
- Anyone wishing to drop off spectators with limited mobility can use the South parking lot off of Forest St. No parking is available in this lot; it is only to be used for drop-offs.
- So as to not impede sightlines, balloons and/or signage will not be allowed into the building. We also ask that you do not bring any noisemakers or bullhorns as using them will interfere with the reading of names. We want all families to be able to hear their child’s name read.
- Graduates will follow a recessional back into the fieldhouse at the conclusion of the ceremony where they will receive their temporary files and diploma. Again, only the graduates and DGN staff will be allowed into the fieldhouse.
- Spectators should remain in their seats until all graduates have exited the gym.
- Graduates have been encouraged to arrange a place to meet family and friends following the ceremony. Families may want to stay in the gym and have the graduates return there as it would be a good place for photo opportunities with the stage, etc.
- If the weather is clear, we will open Carsten’s Field for photos.