The Commencement Ceremony for the Class of 2018 will be held outside in the stadium beginning at 7 p.m. Access to the campus will be open for spectators at 5:45 p.m. with gates opening at 6 p.m.
For those unable to attend, we are offering a live stream of the ceremony. (Click here to view live stream.)
We offer a few reminders for our graduates and their families:
- Graduates should plan to arrive to North High and meet in the fieldhouse no later than 6:15 p.m. Only the North High graduates will be permitted into the building.
- Seating is open in the stadium and does not require a ticket. Limited handicap seating is available at the base of the bleachers. Only one family member will be allowed to sit with someone needing handicap seating. All other family members will need to sit in the spectator bleachers.
- So as to not impede sightlines, balloons and/or signage will not be allowed into the stadium.
- To ensure that all students are recognized appropriately, please be respectful of others and hold your applause until all students have been awarded their diplomas. Everyone wants to hear their student’s name read, and any loud noise is disruptive.
- Graduates will follow a recessional back into the fieldhouse at the conclusion of the ceremony where they will receive their temporary files and diploma. Again, only the graduates will be allowed into the building.
- Spectators should remain in their seats until all graduates have exited the stadium.
- Graduates have been encouraged to arrange a place to meet family and friends following the ceremony. Families may want to stay in the stadium and have the graduates return there as it would be a good place for photo opportunities with the stage, etc.
- The ceremony will be videotaped and GradImages Studio will take pictures of each graduate receiving his/her diploma. We will contact you soon regarding ordering.
- Due to the warm weather this evening, spectators are encouraged to bring water to stay hydrated. The ceremony will also be broadcast in our air conditioned auditorium with seating available on a first come, first serve basis.