Due to the unpredictable weather forecast for this evening, we will hold the Class of 2017 Commencement Ceremony in the Purple Gymnasium; it will begin promptly at 7 p.m.
Doors to the gym will be open at 6 p.m. Each student received 4 tickets, and these will be required to enter the gym. Guests without tickets are invited to watch the ceremony in our air-conditioned auditorium, through our live internet feed.
To facilitate parking for the graduation ceremony tonight, we would like you to adhere to the following requests:
1. Students who drive and parents who bring students to the graduation ceremony are requested to use the Main Street parking lot, immediately across from the main entrance of the building.
2. Accessible “drop off” will be on the Prince Street side of the building where parking attendants will direct drivers to the appropriate spots. There are also designated accessible parking areas in the Main Street parking lot and at the Forest Street parking lot, west of the stadium.
3. Do not stop on Main Street while letting passengers out of your car. This is a through street and there are no provisions for stopped vehicles. Stopping presents a traffic hazard to other drivers.
4. Additional parking will be available at Herrick Junior High; car pools are highly recommended.
5. Be considerate of the homeowners in the area when parking. Please do not block driveways.
Students are reminded to dress appropriately. Males must wear a white shirt, dark tie, dark slacks (blue or black preferred) and dark dress shoes. Females are asked to wear neutral light colors under the white robes. They should avoid bold prints or patterns. Shoes should be white or beige. Please remember that all noise makers are prohibited.